Friday, October 25, 2013

First Day of School







August 7, 2013 was the first day of 4th grade for Dallin. A lot of changes happened this year. We decided to do part time public school and part time home school for our kids.  That means that he had to switch schools to one that offered a part time curriculum. There are several reasons for the change, but mostly what prompted the decision was the needs of my son Sean. I knew that Dallin could thrive in any environment so I wasn't too worried about him. I could never have foreseen the incredible opportunity for growth that he has experienced! I now think that Dallin is the one benefiting the most from having the flexibility to study what interests him and to be challenged to really dive into studying rather than be spoon-fed information from his teacher.  He is really happy with the change and every time I drive him to his school campus he tells me again how much he loves his school. That makes my heart happy because I really agonized over this decision and prayed I was doing the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment