Saturday, August 24, 2013

Summer 2013


For vacation this year, we went to Durango, Colorado. We rented a cabin with my brother's family. It was nice and cool and the perfect escape from this heat. We took a ski-lift up this mountain and rode an alpine slide down. Dallin loved it. We also went swimming, went to a couple of museums, played at parks and went for a hike. He managed to get some Lego and video game time in too.



This is a picture above was taken at a lake where my family used to go fishing when I was a kid. We would rent a cabin in this development during the summer and winter. Some of my favorite childhood memories are from this place. I wanted to take my kids there and show them this spot because I have pictures and videos of myself there.




 These pictures were taken in Arizona during the week of the 4th of July. My parents' summer home is only about a mile from Jarom's parents' house. We spent about 10 days with the grandparents and found lots of things to do.



Dallin became a really good aim with a pistol and rifle. We were shooting golf balls and after he learned to aim, he was a really good shot. I will have to take some pictures of Dallin with his bow and arrows. I left Dallin with my dad for a couple of days while I went home to pack up for Colorado. Dallin mentioned to him that he would love to have an archery bow. That's all it took....my dad was thrilled to have a buddy to do something fun with, so they went to Show Low and found an archery shop and bought a bow and (blunt) arrows. After that, he was outdoors constantly shooting his bow. I will post pictures as soon as I take some!

I don't remember what the boys were doing here, but they were outside having fun. This is in my parents' back yard. They live on a golf course and so the kids would set up a little table and chairs and sell soda to the golfers. They were super cute, but I think they bugged the golfers. The kids can't help but argue and fight and so they disrupted many golf games.



Making s'mores in Jarom's parents' backyard. They also have an outdoor pizza oven, so we had some pizza nights with the whole family. Overall, it was a fun summer. I love that Dallin got to spend a lot of time outside getting dirty, because it beats sitting inside playing video games and goin







These last pictures are just ones that I found on my phone. They were taken at home. I am always finding Dallin in some weird spot, especially when he falls asleep. I have so many strange sleeping pictures of him. Above, he was dozing in the dog's bed. 


 I have no idea who took this picture, but it perfectly captured Dallin's obsession with music. He is always coming up to the front of the car to change the radio station. He knows every word to every song on his favorite station (plus the name of the song and artist.) He has taken over my ipod and always has ear buds in his ears.
 This is a picture of Dallin holding a baby quail. I love looking out my bedroom window because there is always a bunch of birds out there. One day I saw the cutest family of quail running out from a cactus in our yard. I yelled for the kids to come and look. Well Dallin is not satisfied with just watching, he has to run and try to catch them. Somehow this baby got separated from the rest of his family and Dallin caught him. He wanted to keep him and take care of him, but I made him return it to his mother.

Dallin can catch 3 sparrows at a time out in the yard and hold them in his hands. He is so funny...he just decides he wants to catch something and he does it. He's like a hawk. He has all the focus and determination in the world...when he wants to :)  I just wish he was that way with cleaning his room. Or finding his shoes for that matter. He can't focus for 30 seconds if it is a job like that! He keeps us all entertained for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment